Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ober72
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 136 times
Full Name: Geoff Burke

HELP! Upgrade to 9 need to rollback asap

Post by ober72 »

Hi Everyone,

I started an upgrade at a client to veeam 9. Enterprise manager upgraded fine but then when doing VBR it announced that there were windows 2003 managed servers..(I was not aware of this as it is a big install and there are 4 repositories on win2003). Fine I uninstalled Enterprise manager and tried to reinstall Enterprise manager veeam8, it won't allow claims there is another version installed despite having uninstalled. What is worse all backups are failing. I put in a support case and after a few emails they said "ok phone this number" and I get music all the time..case 01682250 In short help!!! Can I somehow just convert the repositories on Windows 2003 to CIFS ones, get VEeam 8 working again (I have config backups).
Geoff Burke
VMCA2022, VMCE2023, CKA, CKAD
Veeam Vanguard, Veeam Legend
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: HELP! Upgrade to 9 need to rollback asap

Post by foggy »

Geoff, the fact that backups started to fail after EM upgrade/rollback is unexpected. Anyway, you can create new CIFS repositories targeting to the same locations on Windows 2003 servers and re-point your jobs to them. Then remove Windows 2003 servers from backup infrastructure in Veeam B&R console and perform upgrade to v9.
ober72
Veeam Vanguard

Post by ober72 »

ok on with support right now will update what happens thanks
Geoff Burke
ober72
Veeam Vanguard

Post by ober72 » 5 people like this post

Hi Folks,

We had to completely uninstall and then re-install both server. Viktoria from Veeam support was excellent. Obviously this was a very unpleasant situation but I found once again that it is Veeam's support that makes this such a great product on top of the features. Thank you again!!!!
Geoff Burke