Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Blue407
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Paul Thomas

Help - Warning x.vbk excluded as its unavailable

Post by Blue407 »

Hi All

Running Veeam ver 9.0 , I have a number of backup to disk jobs, and one that then takes some of these backups to tape overnight.
Initially I didn't realise that you can only have one backup job to tape, I'm used to being able to append other jobs onto the same tape easily (BackupExec) So I create a Critical and No-critical backup job, but only wanted some of the non-critical server backups each night to tape, not all of the included servers.
So I then created a non-critical2 backup job for the servers that won't go to tape and removed them from the original job. (Hope that makes sense!)

However, ever since this I now get a warning every night saying that the <SERVERNAME>.xxxx.vbk will be excluded from the list of files to backup, because its unavailable. This is for 2 of the servers that I removed from the original backup to disk job.
I have removed and re-added the backup job to the tape job, but still get this error. Its almost like the backup to tape job has never re-read the original backup to disk job to check what servers it now contains. Surely this would also then be an issue if I added a new server to the disk job?

Any ideas or suggestions gratefully appreciated :) :)
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Help - Warning x.vbk excluded as its unavailable

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Do you have "per-VM backup files" advanced option enabled on your target repository?

Thanks
Blue407
Enthusiast

Post by Blue407 »

Yes I do.

The files It's referring to, would have existed when the original backup 2 disk job was created. However I then removed those servers from the job and moved there files from the directory into the new job directory and did a re-scan.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

However I then removed those servers from the job and moved there files from the directory into the new job directory and did a re-scan.
Did I get it right - you moved/copied some of the backup chains and the .vbm to another folder, mapped the new backup job to the files that had been moved and added the new backup job into backup to tape job? If so then the warning is expectable as per-vm meta still contains the info that there should be more of .vbks. Please try to use deleted VMs retention settings to make that warning go away.

Thanks
Blue407
Enthusiast

Post by Blue407 »

I will give this a go and report back, thanks :)