Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Eugene777
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Eugene

Help with client scenario

Post by Eugene777 »

Hi guys,
Trying to build an offsite backup scenario for a small client. Would like some help, if possible.

Need to backup offsite physical server, around 70GB of compressed data. Backup to usb disk with Veeam Agent works fine. Upload speed is pretty lame there, about 3Mpbs, so for the first full backup is should take about 2 days to run (which is fine, if I need to do it only once). Idea is to run incrementals only with "eating" the old ones. Not sure that full backup merge with oldest incremental could be done without actual download and upload of the full backup though. Did not have the chance to check.
I tried to configure backup to Hetzner StrageBox (cloud storage) with SMB share, but it crushes after 2-5GB transfer.

I also have a server in hosting with B&R VM on it. Hetzner StrageBox is configured as a repository and works perfectly for many other VMs there. Tried to connect it to remote agent, but it fails because trying to access the server by the local IP (as I understood from forum, its a program limit). Also, it seems that B&R only creates the job, but in any case it's the Veeam Agent who is doing the job, so could have the same problems with incrementals as described above.

Do you guys have any solution I can implement here? The client is small and he will not buy full version unfortunately.
Thanks in advance
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Help with client scenario

Post by Gostev »

Eugene, please be aware that by delivering any services to your clients which involve you deploying, supporting or other interacting with the free product edition installed at a customer site, your company violates Veeam EULA. So please solve the licensing issue first before you continue with this project any further. Assuming you're a VCSP, the easiest way would be to rent your client a license. If not, you can sign-up with Veeam to become one in no time. Thanks!
Eugene777
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Eugene

Re: Help with client scenario

Post by Eugene777 » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

I have to admit it WAS stupid from my side :)

Sorry