Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rvackooij
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ronald van Ackooij

Host not found after restore VeeamConfigBackup

Post by rvackooij »

Hello everybody,

I hope you can help me. I had a Veeam server setup on a DR location which hosted all the replication jobs. Replicating all the VMs from the Vcenter environment to the DR standalone ESXi host.

No I had to create a new replication server and installed Veeam on it. When I restore the veeamconfigbackup I got an error but everything seemed to be there except for the hosts under "Backup Infrastructure". I added the hosts and start looking for other problems.
I now have an error when I go to "virtual machines" tab. It tells me Host not found. ID [GUID].

Is there a way to remove these hosts (because I can't see them), and add them again?
thanks,
Ronald
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Host not found after restore VeeamConfigBackup

Post by foggy »

Ronald, please contact technical support, they will be able to assist you in cleaning up obsolete records from the Veeam B&R dastabase. Thanks.
cyberfed
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Post by cyberfed » 1 person likes this post

I found the answer to the Host not found. ID [GUID] problem.

Look in your database under the Folder_Host table.
In there you should see the GUID that Veeam is complaining about. Delete the row. Presto problem solved open up Veeam again and you might get an error for ANOTHER GUID, repeat the process until you dont get an error when opening up Veeam.

This worked for us on 6.5 and we are back up and running. We had moved our vCenter server to a new physical host when we encountered the issues w/veeam.
GladstoneRC
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: GladstoneRC

Post by GladstoneRC » 1 person likes this post

Thanks cyberfed, this worked for me in B&R v8 as well. We had to migrate some Hyper-V hosts and we started having this error. Deleted the row and now all is sweet again :)
oragain
Lurker
Full Name: Olivier Ragain

[MERGED] : PhysicalHost with ID not found - Veeam Backup Fre

Post by oragain »

Hi,
One of the node of my Hyper-V cluster is bugging me with that error. However, I cannot remove the host from the hyper-v cluster and re-add it, not can I clear any license attached to it (as this seems to work for the pro version).
In Veeam 8.0:
* Unable to remove the cluster and re-add it because it is unable to delete said server
* Unable to delete a node of a cluster and re-add it
Any idea on how to fix this one ?
Thanks
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Please review the thread and try the suggested fix. If that won't help then please open a case with support team and post your case ID here.

Thank you.
oragain
Lurker
Full Name: Olivier Ragain

Post by oragain » 2 people like this post

Okay, so for me, the host was not present in Folder_Host table. It was however in the Hosts table. And the GUID provided by the popup box was in the coumn physical_host_id.
Delete the entry and that fixed it.
I can finally update the creds and stop having and AD lockou every 15 minutes on that account. Yeah :)

Well, now i still have issues when scanning for VMs... says the host does not exists... onto the next table!