Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
apolloxm
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

How can I get the email noticefication from Veeam when I restoring data from Veeam Backup and Replication

Post by apolloxm » 1 person likes this post

Case ID:05302842
My email address already in the Email List(Veeam Option_> Email Settings_>To), However, i only can receive backup jobs email, I can't receive any email if I restored the data from Backup and Replication, Can you advice how I can achive this goal?Thanks!

Here is the reply form your support team, Can you add this feature to Veeam? I think this just a normal Veeam feature. it's inconvenient if we restoring the data from Veeam server. We have to login to the Veeam Server to check the status.
Veeam support wrote: Thank you for contacting Veeam Technical support. My name is Max, I will be assisting you with this case.

In the current version of Veeam the only implemented email notification is the notification on File-Level restores performed in the Enterprise Manager:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110

Notifications on other types of restores and restores by Veeam are not available.

It is possible to track the corresponding events in the Windows Event Viewer of the Veeam server and create an Email notification based on it, this notification should be implemented with a 3-rd party tool at the moment. Following article contains the list of Veeam event codes:
https://www.veeam.com/kb1834

As your request currently is not available in our Software, I would be happy to assist with submitting a feature request. We can do this one of two (or both) ways:

I can submit a Feature Request internally – this will mark your case for review and be tracked by our Development and Product Management. Please note that regrettably, there is no estimated time frame I can provide regarding Feature Requests, their completion/implementation, and other such details.

You can also submit such requests on our forums at https://forums.veeam.com by creating a topic marked as Feature Request and stating the desired change. Our Product Management Team is actively engaged in the forums and would be happy to discuss your request, and be able to comment on it further.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: How can I get the email noticefication from Veeam when I restoring data from Veeam Backup and Replication

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
thanks for your feature request. We noted it and count it +1

If a summary on restores helps, then the restore operator activity report in Veeam ONE might help. If you have PowerShell knowledge, you might be able to build a workaround on your own (they restore tasks status maybe every few minutes and send email if something finished).

Best regards,
Hannes