Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
IamBren
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Brendon Colby

How do I delete one of two full backups?

Post by IamBren »

Greetings,

I've got myself into a situation that I hoped would resolve itself after I hit my 21 day retention policy but hasn't. A few weeks ago, I had an issue where my backups started to fail, and the resolution was to run a full backup. Now I have a 1.2TB full backup and a 1.6TB full backup. I'm using reverse incrementals w/ a 21 day retention. Here is a screenshot of the files:

I hoped that the older full backup would eventually be removed after 21 days, but obviously it hasn't been. Every VM in the list is current - I delete any non-existent VM. I'm not sure why it's hanging on to this full, but is there any way I can get this restore point and related VBK removed?

Also, I noticed that I have vrb files back to 4/22, but restore points back to 6/17 (which is correct). Do I just need to remove any vrb older than 6/17? Why didn't these files get removed? Usually Veeam doesn't have a problem doing this.

Brendon
IamBren
Novice

Re: How do I delete one of two full backups?

Post by IamBren »

I see from another post that those additional vrb files may have been from when I upgraded to 5.0.1, so I will just delete those.
IamBren
Novice

Post by IamBren »

I just wanted to mention quick that I did find some old VMs and am deleting them now. I'm not sure if this is why that old full backup is hanging out but I will delete the old VMs and see if it is deleted.
IamBren
Novice

Post by IamBren »

Yep - once I deleted those old VMs, the old vrb files and full backup were deleted. I upgraded to 5.2 today so I could set deleted VMs retention.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6691 times

Post by Gostev »

Great :D