Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
MAA
Expert
Liked: 3 times

How to add additional folder to backup repository?

Post by MAA »

Hello,
We need add space to backup repository. (we cannot extend volume due to the limitation on the number of clusters).
How to add additional folder to backup repository? (currently we have C:\Backup, and we need add also D:\Backup)
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: How to add additional folder to backup repository?

Post by foggy »

Please consider using scale-out backup repository.
MAA
Expert
Liked: 3 times

Post by MAA »

1) my question is not about creating a new repository, but about adding a free space to an existing repository.

2) anyway, when creating scale-out repository, I get the error "Unable to add extent Local Repository (local) because it contains one or more backup files which are not supported by a scale-out backup repository"
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi MAA,

Most likely your local repository contains configuration backup or any other unsupported backup file, so you need to move it to another repository, then you'll be able to add the extent to SOBR.

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

MAA wrote: Nov 10, 2020 11:24 am 1) my question is not about creating a new repository, but about adding a free space to an existing repository.
SOBR is a way to combine several folders into a single backup repository. You can create another repository pointing to a different folder and add both as extents to a SOBR - the existing jobs will be automatically updated to point to the new scale-out repo.