Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
pstoric83
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Paul Storic

How to restore using backup and replication 9

Post by pstoric83 »

Basic question as I'm new to Veeam. I've got a server upgrade that's being done next week on a VM running on my ESXi host that only has about 150GB free in the data store. If something goes wrong on with the VM and In need to restore from the Veeam backups that I have I would choose the last full backup first, then do another restore of the most recent incremental after?

Also if there's not enough diskspace on the ESXi host fro both the damaged VM and the restore, do I need to delete the original?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: How to restore using backup and replication 9

Post by PTide »

Hi,
I would choose the last full backup first, then do another restore of the most recent incremental after?
Nope, just choose the restore point you wish to restore to and let the software do its job, no need to manually apply incremental backup.
Also if there's not enough diskspace on the ESXi host fro both the damaged VM and the restore, do I need to delete the original?
That depends on the restore option - in case of Full VM recovery to the original location the original VM will be deleted automatically, or you can choose Quick Rollback option.

Thanks
pstoric83
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Paul Storic

Re: How to restore using backup and replication 9

Post by pstoric83 »

Thanks for the quick reply!