Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jholland@otava.com
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: John Holland

How to view existing "mapping" on Backup jobs in Veeam 12

Post by jholland@otava.com »

I am looking to clean up the old Backup > Disk data from expired jobs. I am running into an issue where there are existing backups that dont have an obvious job assigned that are being updated still. Backup jobs were recreated so the "old" data chains should not be used. No existing jobs with the backup chain name - hence my need to see if they are maybe mapped in one of the newly created jobs. They are vCloud backup based jobs. Its not all the objects that are being "updated".

As an example; the job is named Customer-vcd_Backup, is pointed to a specific customer organization and utilizes the vApps and specifically included VMs. The restore points listed under the Backups > Disk > specific job data show some VMs within the same vApp as having updated as recently as today, with others not showing having been updated since the job recreation. So a VM has a recent snapshot as of today, as stated above no existing jobs match the name of the Backup data that i am looking at. With vms in the same vApp showing no recent updates since the initial "move" with in the same backup data set.

My question is how do i view existing mappings or how would i be able to determine what is updating those local disk backup chains? When i edit the "new" jobs i see the option to map but it doesnt appear to show if its currently mapped or not.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: How to view existing "mapping" on Backup jobs in Veeam 12

Post by PetrM »

Hi John and Welcome to Veeam R&D Forums!

I think you could check Backups - Disk - Imported, the backups listed there are not mapped. If it's not enough and you still don't get the cause of the observed discrepancies, you may contact our support team and ask our engineers to check whether there were any mapping/import-related issues.

Thanks!
jholland@otava.com
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: John Holland

Re: How to view existing "mapping" on Backup jobs in Veeam 12

Post by jholland@otava.com » 1 person likes this post

Hello Petr,

Turns out it was incorrectly documented. The jobs were in fact renamed. Im off to comb the repos and clean-up. Thank you for the knowledge, ill be tucking that away for later.