HPE StoreOnce Catalyst Backup Copy Errors

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Re: HPE StoreOnce Catalyst Backup Copy Errors

Veeam Logoby davidburke84 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:40 pm

oberhofer wrote:Supplement:

Parallel to my veeam-case (Case # 02031171) I opened a case with HP. I got following statement of a level-2 engineer related to "Random backup failures on Veeam Backups with the following error: OSCLT_ERR_SERVER_OFFLINE. Err: -1404:"

HP: "The backup failures seen are a known issue that is fixed in 3.15.1 , so the recommendation is to upgrade the device firmware to the latest – 3.15.1 ." ...what we did last week. And it worked.

Kai - how often are you getting the OSCLT error? I seem to get it maybe once every other week.

David
davidburke84
Influencer

Liked: never
Full Name: David

Veeam Logoby oberhofer » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Hi, David. More often. I think average one time a day. Sometimes more. And this for at least 2-3 months. Now I have for 4 days clean logs. That's why I'm thinking, the issue is fixed. For your information: It concerned not only the copy-to-tape jobs, also backups to the storeonce, but not so often. There were not only the "OSCLT_ERR_SERVER_OFFLINE. Err: -1404" - failure, I found also things like:
- Error: The remote procedure call was cancelled RPC function call failed. Function name: [DoRpc]. Target machine: [IP xxx] or
- Backup file xxx.vbk will be excluded from the list of files to backup, because its extent <Repostitoryname xxx> is unavailable
- Unable to backup: Failed to set credentials.
Failed to call RPC function 'PluginsHost.StoreOnceSetCreds': The remote procedure call was cancelled. RPC function call failed. Function name: [DoRpc]. Target machine: [IP xxx].
The remote procedure call was cancelled
oberhofer
Novice

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Kai

Veeam Logoby richardw.wex » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:46 am

Hi Kel

I'm getting the OSCLT_ERR_SERVER_OFFLINE error a lot from veeam 9.0 and storeonce 4500's firmwre 3.13.
This has been going on for a while. i had a case open with HP several months ago. They didnt help much.
3.13 was the current FW at the time.

We have 4 StoreOnce 4500's which are shared with HP dataProtector. We have mostly worked around the issue by distributing the jobs to different timeslots as it seems too many jobs running simultaneous;y is the cause of OSCLT_ERR_SERVER_OFFLINE.

This happens with backup jobs as well as backup copy jobs. HPDP gets similar errors

regards

Richard
richardw.wex
Lurker

Liked: never

Veeam Logoby foggy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Richard, looks like the storage firmware issue, haven't you thought of upgrading to the later one?
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1110 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Previous

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication