Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SyNtAxx
Expert
Liked: 15 times

HW based replication of SOBR....

Post by SyNtAxx »

Is anybody here using hardware based replication of SOBR paired extents and successfully importing them into veeam? I am using HPE StoreOnce devices to replicate our veeam data. I am able to replicate standalone repositories to our Dr site and then import then and restore data from them using different repository names (as you cant have duplicate names) I seem to be having issues doing the same thing with Scale Out Backup Repos. I can replicate them and import them seemingly, however when I go to look at the properties of the backups it shows 'unknown' for both the repository and the data path. Anybody else doing this?

Thanks.
DeadEyedJacks
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Dead-Data

Re: HW based replication of SOBR....

Post by DeadEyedJacks »

Hi,
SOBR have underlying Backup repositories behind them. So I presume it's those repos which you are replicating at the hardware level.
Is this with one Veeam Backup server covering both sites are two Veeam Backup servers; one for source site and another for target site?

I've setup SOBR with two datacenters and two Veeam instances. Underlying repos are replicated and then rescan of Read only mirror occurs at destination without issue.
SyNtAxx
Expert

Post by SyNtAxx »

We presently have only one Veeam management server. We wish to only have to maintain a single management server if we can. This seems to be an issue with updating the meta data for path locations.

Case # 01807360

-Nick
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Are you replicating extents and then rescan them as separate repositories or you have another SOBR on target consisting of replicated extents and rescan the entire SOBR? I would expect issues in the first case, since what you have on a particular separate extent is just some pieces of some backups of some VMs, but the second case should work fine.
SyNtAxx
Expert

Post by SyNtAxx »

The latter, I have a SOBR on the primary side and its extents are hw replicated via storeonce to a pair of extents on the target storeonce. Those target extents are then assembled into a SOBR and rescanned. The scan completes and some of the information is available as it does see that backups should be there, the problem is the path information is not there and therefore the .vbk and .vib then are red x'd and unavailable.

Nick
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

If all paths are preserved on target, you shouldn't see any issues. Please continue working with support to identify the reasons of missing paths.
SyNtAxx
Expert

Post by SyNtAxx »

I haven't heard from support in a few days. I'll follow up with them...
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

I can see from the case that the engineer has contacted you earlier today (before your post), so please check your spam folder or use the customer portal to communicate.