Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
nedalabdouni
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Nedal Abd

Imporint Jobs,

Post by nedalabdouni »

Hi guys,
I have the following issue, that I have opened my veeam server and suddenly I had no jobs inside...

I followed this KB article http://www.veeam.com/kb1684 but nothing has changed..

Anyways I have imported my jobs from my storage repository, and now my backup jobs are in the (imported backups), is it possible that I convert them back into jobs?

Thanks much in advanced.
nedalabdouni
Novice

Re: Imporint Jobs,

Post by nedalabdouni »

Sorry forgot to my mention, I'm running on version 6.5 with an enterprise license...
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2721 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Nedal,

Did you run an in-place upgrade of your backup server? The KB you're referring to talks about Enterprise Manager missing the jobs list, which doesn't seem to be the case in your situation. Also there is no need to import backups to the backup console, you need to rescan your repository in order to populate your backup console with these files (assuming you have a VBM file on the repository). Once you rescan your repository, you can re-create your jobs and map them to the backup files.

P.S. BTW, I would appreciate if you could give us a bit more details on how you did an upgrade to v6.5, as jobs should be preserved automatically.

Thanks!
nedalabdouni
Novice

Post by nedalabdouni »

Hi,
Thanks for your answer...I haven't ran an upgrade, the jobs just disappeared from one day to another...

Rescanning the repositories has run successfully and took less than 10 secs...but still the jobs section is still empty.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Rescan procedure shouldn't populate the job list. Instead, it should automatically import all the jobs stored in the given repository, allowing you to get rid of manual efforts.

As to job disappearance, I'd recommend you to contact support team in order to find out the exact reasons.

Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2721 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I would suggest contacting our technical team to verify that you still have data in the SQL configuration database. Jobs cannot disappear by themselves, so additional debug information should shed some light on this behavior.
nedalabdouni
Novice

Re: Importing Jobs,

Post by nedalabdouni »

I have already contacted the technical support since ever...and they asked for the data stored in c:\program data\veeam, 500 MB are uploaded and waiting for their answer...