Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JohnWarby
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: John Warby

Inactive Cluster Node in Veeam Console

Post by JohnWarby »

Hi

I’ve got an infrastructure issue on a Hyper-V Cluster protected by B&R 9.5. The Cluster has 5 Windows Server 2012 R2 nodes, all of which are active and online. However, one of the VMs is showing a red X beside it in the Veeam console, and when I check, it does not have the Veeam components installed on it. I have a job that is failing with the message:

"Hyper-V Integration Service is not accessible through the network on source node"

If I look in Programs and Features on the Hyper-V Host in question no Veeam components are listed. All the other nodes are functioning normally. I need to manually install/push the components to the faulty Node. What is the best way to do that?

Many Thanks

Regards

John
nmdange
Veteran
Liked: 142 times

Re: Inactive Cluster Node in Veeam Console

Post by nmdange »

In the Veeam console, under Backup infrastructure, right-click the cluster, go to properties and then go through the wizard. It will discover all the nodes and install the Veeam components on any nodes that need them.
JohnWarby
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: John Warby

Re: Inactive Cluster Node in Veeam Console

Post by JohnWarby »

Hi Matey

That has worked a treat. The Red X is now removed and the Console shows all Hosts as normal. Many thanks for the tip. I'm glad it was so simple :D

regards

John