Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
gww
Lurker
Liked: never

Incremental backup failures when using direct storage access

Post by gww »

I have one backup job that always fails on incremental backups when running over direct storage access transport mode with the error "Error: Soap fault. A specified parameter was not correct. startOffsetDetail". Full backups always work and no other backup jobs are having any problems. In my own testing I have found that using Virtual Appliance or Network transport modes the incremental backups run without issue.

I have tried going through VEEAM support but they have been of no help. Their only solution is to constantly reset the CBT which of course does not work and they will offer no reasoning why the backups only fail over direct storage access. I am hoping someone here has some insight on this issue.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Incremental backup failures when using direct storage ac

Post by foggy »

Hi, please share your support case ID for this issue. I recommend you to escalate the case for further analysis, unless you've done that already, as this kind of technical issues require deep dive into job log files. Meanwhile, you can check whether the failover to network mode is allowed in the job settings.
gww
Lurker
Liked: never

Re: Incremental backup failures when using direct storage ac

Post by gww »

The cased ID is 02813365. Failover to network mode is set on the proxies.