Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
picaroon
Influencer
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Jeltsen Haagsma

instant vm recovery

Post by picaroon »

I did an instant recovery of a vCloud enabled virtual machine and redirected the VM changes to a specific datastore. Unfortunately I'm not able to use the function 'migrate to production' since it's greyed out. When I don't use the redirection option and let the changes store on the NFS datastore, the migrate option is available.

vCenter VMs can be migrated to production regardless the redirection option. Is this expected behaviour?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: instant vm recovery

Post by foggy »

Jeltsen, behavior is expected. Such configuration (vCLoud VM + redirection enabled) is not supported for Quick Migration.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2717 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

As an alternative to this, feel free to use replication jobs with planned failover option to transfer all the changes.
picaroon
Influencer
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Jeltsen Haagsma

Post by picaroon »

Okay, thanks for the info. Since we're only using a combination of vCloud and vCenter in our production environment, it would have been nice the customers changes could be written away to a local datastore instead of the NFS server. But it's not a real big issue...