Re: Integration with Storage Snapshots : Vendor Roadmap

Veeam Logoby t481 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:54 am

DataCore inegration please
t481
Enthusiast

Liked: never

Veeam Logoby jhouse » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:43 pm

Well, it has been now over a year since trying to get Veeam to work with Tegile on Storage Snapshots integration and still falling on Def Hears. Tegile has a team of developers awaiting the time to work with Veeam on this and they still get put off. What do we have to do Veeam is still playing games with storage vendors on this do we have to pay to get this done? Why play games with this all of us win and you are now working with the largest drive storage vendor in the world I would not play games with them. Dissatisfied Veeam Customer and I do pay your bills.
jhouse
Influencer

Liked: 2 times
Full Name: John House

Veeam Logoby jhouse » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:44 pm

Yes, we have been waiting for more than a year and a half and still no movement on the universal API for Tegile. Veeam will you quit playing the storage vendor game and just tell us what you want the Vendor to pay to get this done! You announce that more to come but don't tell Tegile when they can start work. WE HAVE WAITED LONG ENOUGH LET GET THIS DONE AND STOP PLAYING GAMES! Dissatisfied Veeam Customer!!!!
jhouse
Influencer

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi John, I do understand your frustration and I am very sorry that the storage vendor of your choice is not in the list of our immediate integration priorities.
Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2536 times

[MERGED] Pure Storage Integration

Veeam Logoby blindsidematt » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:04 pm 1 person likes this post

This was announced during the summer months officially, but still no integration as of 9.5 U3. Is this planned for the next release. U4 or v10?
blindsidematt
Lurker

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Matt Thomas

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Actually, storage plug-ins are designed to be out-of-band releases, for example we've just released the Infinidat plug-in last week. Pure Storage plug-in is in a good shape too, and should be released before U4.
Gostev
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby SAN-Guy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi, what about Datacore SSV integration?
We have a lot clients.
SAN-Guy
Lurker

Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Christian Richter

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:07 pm

Datacore is also not in the immediate integration priorities, but I do hope they are in close contact with our Alliances, because there has been a big demand from end users for this integration - so they have all chances to be one of the first "Tier 2" vendors (once we're done with "Tier 1" storage vendors integrations).
Gostev
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby jhouse » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:26 pm

When we bought Veeam several years ago we were told that you were Storage Neutral which does not seem to be the case if you have Tier1 and Tier 2 storage vendors.
jhouse
Influencer

Veeam Logoby skrause » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:01 pm 1 person likes this post

Veeam is storage neutral, the direct integration with storage snapshots is not in any way necessary for the functionality of the product.
Steve Krause
Veeam Certified Architect
skrause
Expert

Liked: 53 times
Full Name: Steve Krause

Veeam Logoby jhouse » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:49 pm

It is a support part of the Veeam product and if it is it should be Storage Neutral no special treatment for certain storage vendors.
jhouse
Influencer

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:55 pm

John, I feel this conversation is going nowhere, and to fix this I suggest we do a simple exercise and virtually swap our seats for a moment.

I am sure you understand we can't deliver all integrations at once, right? So I am curious - if you were Veeam CEO and had 30 storage vendors to prioritize for advanced integration, what metrics would you look for to help you decide in what order to deliver those integrations? Keeping in mind your main goals at Veeam as a CEO.

And the second questions, how would you explain this metric you chose is not any sort of "special treatment"?

Thanks.
Gostev
Veeam Software

[MERGED] QNAP Storage Snapshot Backup

Veeam Logoby serkantek » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:26 am

Hi,

I would like to request an improvement to Veeam B&R to include support for backup from storage snapshot of VM's stored on QNAP datastores.
serkantek
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Serkan Tek

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:05 pm

Are you utilizing NAS device as a production datastore?
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 1086 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Veeam Logoby jhouse » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:08 pm

If I were CEO of Veeam, I would ensure that any significant functionality of the product, like the snapshot integration, would be available to all my paying customers, and not put certain customers and storage Vendors at a disadvantage. You could at least start with sending out the Universal API to those vendors (Tegile) so they could start testing so they could be ready run when Veeam gets ready. As seen by the response to these posts many customers are asking for the product I would ramp up the people in the department working with this and Get it to them. Do this to keep your customers Happy and still using Veeam not going to look elsewhere for a product that does support this.
jhouse
Influencer

PreviousNext

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication