Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
CraigV
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: CraigV

Issue configuring SureBackup

Post by CraigV »

Morning All,

I have started looking at SureBackup as a way to verify VM/application recoverability and backup file consistency. It has been easy-enough to configure the Application Group etc, but the job ran and failed last night with the following errors:

Details
2017/09/13 10:11:21 PM Error Starting virtual lab routing engine
2017/09/13 10:11:21 PM Error Timed out waiting for proxy appliance to respond. Possible causes:
2017/09/13 10:11:21 PM Error 1. Appliance is configured to run on different network than backup server
2017/09/13 10:11:21 PM Error 2. Appliance is configured to obtain IP address automatically, but DHCP server is not available
2017/09/13 10:11:24 PM Error: The operation has timed out.

I wondered if someone could give me guidance on resolving it? Can I set any password for the appliance, or must it be in the same range as the production servers for instance?

Thanks!

Craig
tdewin
Veeam Software
Liked: 646 times
Full Name: Timothy Dewin

Re: Issue configuring SureBackup

Post by tdewin » 1 person likes this post

The appliance "production" ip has to be in the same range as the backup server.

You can set the password in the credential manager, but you will need to redeploy the appliance to take effect:
https://www.veeam.com/kb1447
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95
CraigV
Influencer

Post by CraigV »

Great, thanks. I will reconfigure and reply on this thread!
CraigV
Influencer

Post by CraigV »

OK, so I configured a static IP address for the appliance and it was successful with that last night. No issues connecting to the production network.

I had successes on both DCs selected, the file server failed (the Ping Test failed), and the SQL server was not run.

What steps would I need to take to troubleshoot the ping test failure and the fact that the Hearbeat, Ping & Custom script tests for the SQL server didn't run?

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

SureBackup job stops processing if it fails on a single VM in application group. You can increase the boot timeout for the file server to see whether this helps to stabilize the IP and contact support if it does not.
CraigV
Influencer

Post by CraigV »

I will extend the time Foggy, thanks!

On the SQL script I get the following:

SQL Checker script, Path: C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup\Veeam.Backup.SqlChecker.vbs, Args: C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\PLZ_SureBackup_Job 10.255.255.119, Result: Failed

Do I need to create a separate account in SQL for this purpose, or is the sa account OK to use (left out those details)? If the sa account is OK, does it require that the sa account be assigned a password?

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

No additional account is required, you can use the one that has sufficient right to check things on the SQL Server. More details here.