scott.easdale
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Scott Easdale

Job Encryption Issue

Post by scott.easdale »

Case #04975919
Hi

I have been moving a load of backup files and relocating their jobs to other storage in preparation for an upgrade. Everything up until now has went ok. Disabled the job, copied the files to other storage, changed the storage in the job, set the encryption password in the Disk (Encrypted) tab and enabled the job. All great so far, until I get to enter the encryption password for this one job and it tells me the password is incorrect. Despite all other jobs using the same encryption settings/password.

Loss protection is enabled but when I click on the 'I have lost my password' link it tells me that 'Your backup administrator chose not to enable this functionality'.

I'm prepared for the worst here and starting the this backup from a new job but is there a way of figuring out what's up?

Thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Job Encryption Issue

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Scott,

Thank you for sharing the case! Can you describe how backup files were moved? I.e. did you remove backup files from configuration, moved those to a new storage, added new storage to Veeam B&R and made rescan of the new storage?
scott.easdale
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Scott Easdale

Re: Job Encryption Issue

Post by scott.easdale »

Hi Dima, Sure, What I usually do is disable the job first. Go to the backup files storage location for that job and move the folder from that location over the network to another location. When that's complete ill go back to the job and change the storage > Backup Repository and set it to the new location then click through the options to finish. The job will then appear on the left hand side under backups > Disk (Encrypted) and ill right click the job here to enter its password. After this I'll enable the job and it'll work away from then on. I've not removed anything from the configuration, the job remains in the backup job list disabled. The only storage I'm moving the files to is existing storage locations where other backups reside and I've not re-scanned.

It's probably nothing but when I enter the correct password it takes exactly 6 seconds to fail and display the incorrect password prompt. When I deliberately enter a wrong password it fails immediately.