Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
larry
Veteran
Liked: 97 times
Full Name: Larry Walker

lab routing issue

Post by larry »

I have a lab that I can’t get VMs from one sub net to pass the ping test. ( result time out ) , tools heartbeat good. When I use VC to open a console to the VM I can’t ping the default router. I can ping the proxy server from the Veeam server. I placed a second VM which in normally on the same sub net as Veeam and that one works fine in the lab. I have the check box checked to route traffic. I have a lab at a different site that has VMs from 3 sub nets that work fine. I copied all the setting of the lab but no luck. I created a new lab but no luck. Any thoughts of something I am missing or should I open a ticket ?
When I try to setup a forth subnet in my lab I get a warning that the max is 3 and to call support, if 4 sub nets possible?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Re: lab routing issue

Post by Gostev »

Yes, best is to open ticket, since we cannot troubleshoot effectively over the forum.

Yes, more than 3 subnets is easily possible, but requires vSphere 4 or later and HW v7 proxy appliance. Default limitation is to make sure that customers with VI3 can still use this functionality (as number of vNICs is limited to 4 in HW v4 VM).
larry
Veteran
Liked: 97 times
Full Name: Larry Walker

Post by larry »

how do I get the HW v7 proxy appliance ?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

Upgrade proxy appliance VM's virtual hardware with vSphere client ;)