Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mog54
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Licence "Proxy"

Post by mog54 »

Hello,

a few days ago, a customer told me that a IT company speaks about a licence "proxy" (thats his words)
This proxy would be here to manage veeam licences.
The only product that match the most the description is Enterprise Manager, am i wrong ?

Did i miss something or ?

Thanks
Mog54
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Licence "Proxy"

Post by Mildur »

Hi Mog54

Yes, that‘s correct. If you install the enterprise manager, you can add multiple veeam B&R Server (VBR) to it and use a single veeam license to license all connected VBR Server.

If you want to to use the same license on more than one VBR, it is required to install the enterprise manager. The workload and sockets are tracked between all connected vbr server to make sure, that you don‘t use more sockets or workload as acquired.

You need a dedicated Enterprise Manager for each license edition. Mixing Standard, Enterprise and Enterprise Plus on a single Enterprise Manager is not possible.

Read more about it here:
Enterprise Manager - Licensing

For registered Service Provider, there is also the Veeam Service Provider Console. It let you manage different licenses and backup jobs over all your onpremise and cloud customers. And your own backup environment in your datacenter.

VSPC - Viewing License Details
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
mog54
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Re: Licence "Proxy"

Post by mog54 »

Hello,

Thank you for your fast reply, that's what I thought.

Mog54