Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rgmueller
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times

license renewal predicament

Post by rgmueller »

License support case: 04364637

Trying to get the definitive answer so we can finally renew our licenses.

Here is the case text that was just opened:
Hello. Our Veeam account manager is asking us to open a support ticket for verification purposes.

We are currently at the latest VBR v9.5. We need to renew our license next month. We do not intend to go to v10 until 2021. We would like to know what we need to renew to meet these requirements.

We also use VAL agents on several vSphere VMs to perform Veeam backups. These VMs are on a separate VMware cluster then the one covered by our existing socket license that covers all other VM backups.

We have been given quotes with help from Veeam Software Renewal team that mention "VUL" or "Universal license", which we have been told require we be at v10. We have also been told by our Veeam account support the following:
"You will need to migrate to obtain VUL licenses. My understanding is that 9.5 is supported, but once you migrate you will be given a v10 license key. "

Please review our current licenses, and, if necessary, talk to our account team as well as the renewal team, but please give us direction on what we need to purchase as renewal time is running out. Thank you.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: license renewal predicament

Post by Gostev »

Hello, actually the team behind this forum is with R&D, so we can't really advise on licensing, except of course on topics regarding how certain license types technically work in the product. I forwarded this to the Renewals management though, who will be able to assign someone senior to review your situation. They are not on this forum though, so they will likely reply to you directly (call/email). Thanks!
rgmueller
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times

Re: license renewal predicament

Post by rgmueller » 1 person likes this post

Thanks for the reply. I figured as much, i was just trying to cover all the bases. I spoke to someone from the Licensing Team about the case and they were very helpful to finally get answers to our questions.