Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
alwitco
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: John Gibel

License usage

Post by alwitco »

Is it possible to install Veeam Backup & Replication on multiple servers as long as the total number of sockets backed up by each backup server (combined) does not exceed the number of sockets licensed?

In other words:
If we have a license for 3 sockets, can I have one instance of Veeam B&R installed on one server that only backs up a host with 2 sockets, and another instance of B&R installed on a different server backing up a host with only 1 socket.
Sort of like spreading out my VMware 6 sockets license among 2-3 hosts.
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: License usage

Post by DGrinev »

Hi John,

Since you do not exceed the number of licensed sockets, you can install as many Veeam B&R servers as you need.

Thanks!
alwitco
Novice
Full Name: John Gibel

Re: License usage

Post by alwitco »

Thanks for the quick reply Dmitry !!
Ontrial
Influencer
Full Name: R

[MERGED] Second Veeam server

Post by Ontrial »

I wish to build a second veeam server that will run on storage that will be air gapped periodically

I would like this to have no repository or proxy dependency outside of that storage

Is it ok to install a second VEEAM server if all the hosts are correctly licensed in the first veeam server ?

thanks
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Second Veeam server

Post by DGrinev »

Hi,

Sure, install as many Veeam B&R instances as you need, since your sockets are licensed. Thanks!