Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
brunoBR
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bruno Amaral

Licensing Backup Essentials

Post by brunoBR »

Hello, first post here!

First of all, sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldnt find the specific answer I wanter. We have 2 VMware clusters in our enviroment, each has its own VMware Essential Kit license (3 servers each cluster).

Veeam's website is quite specific about the maximum size being 6 sockets per client. But in my case, even tho its the same company, its two completly separate clusters. Can I purchase 3 x 2 sockets Veeam Backup Essentials and then again 3 x 2 sockets Veeam Backup Essentials for the second cluster?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Licensing Backup Essentials

Post by PTide »

Hi,
Can I purchase 3 x 2 sockets Veeam Backup Essentials and then again 3 x 2 sockets Veeam Backup Essentials for the second cluster?
Unfortunately, no. Veeam defines an organization as:
A company or any affiliates of the company, whether a separate legal entity or not, which is or becomes owned or controlled directly or indirectly, or is under common control with the company or its successor entity as to more than fifty (50) per cent of such company’s issued equity share capital, voting rights and/or the like. Organizations can span geographic locations, lines of business, domains and other organizational characteristics.
So Veeam Availability Suite is the way to go, please check this page.

Thanks
brunoBR
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bruno Amaral

Re: Licensing Backup Essentials

Post by brunoBR »

Thanks for the quick answer PTide! I'll probably look into the standart CPU license to use B&R.