Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Licensing Issues with U4

Post by Gostev »

Hauke wrote: Mar 04, 2019 7:19 am For us everything is cleared now, license owners changed, licenses merged.
I don't understand why we now have more licenses then before, but okay. Nothing I would complain about.
12 Sockets Enterprise + 30 Workstation ----> 12 Sockets + 20 Instances/40 Workstation.
Thanks for the follow up, Hauke.

You got more instances than you expected because during the license conversion, agent licenses are rounded to the nearest 10 instances (to the customer's benefit). This is to match the fact that instances are only sold in bundles of 10.
fricupy
Lurker
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Federica Ricupero

Licensing Issues with U4

Post by fricupy »

Hi,
I performed an upgrade of a Veeam Availabilty Suite (Veeam One and Veeam B&R) from version 9.5U3a to version 9.5U4.
I already have a perpetual license for a VMware Infrastructure with 12 socket and a trial license for 4 Windows Microsoft Agent (for 4 Virtual Machines). I use agent for VM because they are nodes of two Microsoft Cluster (with shared disk in physical mode) I protect using "Protection Group".
So I performed the upgrade, I purchased a subscription (per 10 istances) license and I merged it with the perpetual one, but when I try to install the new file provided I get the error "Invalid License".
Moreover the Veeam Licensing Policy (License Key merge/split) says the following

"Customers who need to obtain a single License Key can merge their Subscription and Perpetual License Types within the same product, Edition, Licensee and Company details. The resulting key will contain CPU Sockets from the Perpetual License Key and this License unit will be used to protect VMs on VMware and Hyper-V hosts only. Instance licenses will cover all Instance-based workloads, except for VMs on VMware and Hyper-V hosts."

Now my questions are:
1) What can I do in order to have the correct licenses?
2) Do I need another license for Veeam One also?

Thanks for your patience, any help is welcome
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

You did everything correctly. Please open a support case to investigate the "Invalid License" error, as I'm not aware of any known issues like that.
fricupy
Lurker
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Federica Ricupero

Post by fricupy » 2 people like this post

Hi Gostev,
thank you for your reply. I opened a case. The problem was that the license file contained a non-ascii character (in the name of my organization). The support gave me a new license and now everything works fine.
Thank you very much.
Skeeter395
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Scott Giesbrecht

Post by Skeeter395 »

How do we convert our Subscription licensing to this new instance licensing?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Scott, all rental and subscription license keys (per VM and per Agent) are automatically converted to rental and subscription instance-based keys. You can obtain the new key at License Management tab at my.veeam.com portal. Thanks1