Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
siranee.ja
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times

Linux Guest File Restore: modified date time show utc how to show as timezone setting

Post by siranee.ja »

When user want to restore their files, they told the date time of the latest which is timezone Asia/Bangkok (GMT+7). I found that in veeam restore guest files wizard, I saw user files date time was in timezone UTC (GMT) on the Veeam Backup Browser Screen. I had to convert date time of user to GMT which was not convenient to do that. Please tell me how can I saw the user files in restore guest file screen in timezone Asia/Bangkok (GMT+7).

I opened the Case #04590865 — how to set timezone for FLR helper appliance?
The answer was
Unfortunately that this is not supported.

Also you can see from this forum as well

vmware-vsphere-f24/flr-appliance-custom ... 58241.html

I already tested to modified initrd.img
1. changed /etc/localtime to the correct timezone -> nothing changed with the Veeam Backup Browser Screen.
The /var/log/messages contents date time chanaged to Bangkok time as it should be.
2. add SetEnv TZ Asia/Bangkok to the /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf.template -> nothing changed with the Veeam Backup Browser Screen.

Anyone know how to solve this problem?
Best Regards,
Siranee Jaraswachirakul.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Linux Guest File Restore: modified date time show utc how to show as timezone setting

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I saw user files date time was in timezone UTC (GMT) on the Veeam Backup Browser Screen.
for me it shows it in the time zone configured of my Windows. I switched between Europe/Vienna (GMT+1) and Asia/Bangkok and the displayed time in the FLR browser switched by 6h.

I also set the time of my Linux machine to Bangkok time (created a new backup) and got the same result. 6h change depending on the Windows time zone. I also tested switching the helper appliance time zone (I used the V11 mount host because it's easier) and got the same result: the Windows time is the only relevant time in my environment.

I only noticed that the time displayed in general is 1h off. I will check that.

Best regards,
Hannes
siranee.ja
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times

Re: Linux Guest File Restore: modified date time show utc how to show as timezone setting

Post by siranee.ja »

Hi Hannes,
Thank you very much for the solution.
I swiched back to drv-va.iso original.
My team tested to set time zone configured of Veeam Backup Server Windows (currently Asia/Bangkok(GMT+7)) to UTC and reboot the windows. After that set time zone configured of Veeam Backup Server Windows back to Asia/Bangkok(GMT+7). The Veeam Backup Browser Screen show correct date time Asia/Bangkok (GMT+7) like a charm.
Really don't know why but it work. My team will test more all functional that used daily to see the effected.

Best Regards,
Siranee Jaraswachirakul.