Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
FrancWest
Veteran
Liked: 93 times
Full Name: Franc

V10 immediate mode (log) backup summary report

Post by FrancWest »

Hi,

Under notification of the new immediate mode of a copy job I have configured that it should send the summary report at 2200 hours. This works fine, however, the email sent is exactly the sane as a backup report. So when during the day only 1 out of many transaction log backups fail, the subject of the mail starts with ‘failed’ and the table with the statistics is red. This gives the impression that we have a failed backup job, but in fact we haven’t. Better would be to name the email ‘Backup copy job summary report’ so that it can be distinguished from regular backup reports and not cause alarms to be raised on the word ‘failed’ in the subject ;-)
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: V10 immediate mode (log) backup summary report

Post by wishr »

Hi Franc,

Thank you for the suggestion. We'll take a look at it.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Franc,

Thank you for your feedback! Daily report is created only for transaction log backup activity: in most of the cases logs are constantly transferred so we've decided to send a single aggregated report for all transaction log copy activities for the past day. For primary backup files email reporting works the same way as with regular jobs - email is being created upon completion of the transfer.

I've noted a feature request to change the name for transaction log daily report based on your post. Thank you!
FrancWest
Veteran

Post by FrancWest »

Hi,

The summary report I get at 2200 hours looks like below, it isn’t correct in my opinion. It’s not an aggregate of the entire day, success reports 0, error 1 only because 1 log backup was missed. Also 0 of 1 source jobs processed? For now I’ve disabled this notification since it’s of no use.

Log Backup Copy job: Backup copy (Windows)
Error
0 of 1 Source Jobs processed
zaterdag 29 februari 2020 22:01:00
Success 0 Start time 19:31:02 Processed 7,1 GB Backup size 7,4 GB
Warning 0 End time 22:00:00 (+1) Read 7,1 GB Dedupe N/A
Error 1 Duration 26:28:57 Transferred 6,9 GB (1x) Compression N/A
Details
Source jobs Status Details
Backup (Windows Agent) - SQL Server Transaction Log Backup Error Processed 7,1 GB within 3751 files. Warning: 0 Error: 2 Waiting for processing: 0 B within 0 files

Veeam Backup & Replication 10.0.0.4461
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Franc,
Warning 0 End time 22:00:00 (+1)
Did I get it right: this specific transaction log task was still running at 22:00? Thanks!
FrancWest
Veteran

Post by FrancWest »

No, this is the summary report of de copy job sent out at 2200. This immediate copy job runs continuously. Transaction log backups are taken every 15 minutes and a regular backup of the Sql server every 6 hours.