Marten_med_e
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Mårten Edelbrink

Lost in Backup job -> Local Copy Backup job -> Cloud Copy

Post by Marten_med_e »

Hi

Support case ID# 00941923

This support case stared with that I got warnings about that the source was encrypted and that I should consider to encrypted the new copy backup job, but the backup job has never been encrypted, so I was afraid that the source files was corrupted.

But since the job is not working I have some difficult in getting the right support logs, new logs was uploaded early today, still waiting to hear back if those logs was of any use, I did get some errors back from support that they found in the first set of logs, but that was for different jobs and VM's, but they are now fixed.

So this is what I am trying to accomplish,
1. Normal backup of only disk (SCSI 0:5) from our file server, stofs02 backup job called "1-Backup Job STOFS02_Center", this job works and are saved in Reverse Incremental mode.

2. Local copy backup job "2-Copy Backup Job STOFS02_Center" this is a standard copy backup job, source is the "1-Backup Job STOFS02_Center" job, this job is the one that was complaining that the source was encrypted, this does not copy anything just the messages "All tasks have already been processed" and the step "Building VM list" is taking hours to complete, other jobs does that in under 2 minutes. In the repository there are several vib files and one vbk file that all are 31 584 256 bytes big (small).

3. Cloud copy backup job, "3-Cloud Backup Job STOFS02_Center", doesn't work, just waiting and when it runs just "All tasks have already been processed" messages. This job also has the "1-Backup Job STOFS02_Center" as source and didn't get the warning about encrypted source. No files has been copied to the cloud repository.

I guess I have to wait for any response from the support tech, first if the new logs is of any help
Marten_med_e
Enthusiast

Re: Lost in Backup job -> Local Copy Backup job -> Cloud Cop

Post by Marten_med_e »

Suddenly I got some of the backup copy jobs working, this is what I did when creating the ones that works, I have done 4 backup copy jobs the same way that I did yesterday, with one small change.

Ok, this is how I done with the ones that are working, don't know if this had anything to do with it or if Veeam is fooling around.

1. Disable backup copy job
2. Delete backup files from disk, some of the jobs had created folders with 30MB files in other didn't even get so far that the folder was created.
3. Rescan repository
4. Delete backup copy job
5. Run the Backup Copy job wizard

As default for me the starting time for "Copy every" setting is 00:00,

as we run most our jobs at night, the time I fills in is usually after midnight, for those five jobs I have been fighting with they all have start times from 01:00 until 03:30 if I remember right.
But this time when I did create the jobs I filled in a time only five minutes in to the future, so for the job I created 16:00 I did fill in 16:05 as starting time.

Everything else is the same I still sometimes get the "Source is encrypted" warning, but this time after I click "Finish" the job starts and works, why? I have been able to verify this with 4 different backup copy jobs now.

Cheers
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Mårten, glad you've been able to move forward with this. However, I recommend to continue investigating with the engineer the reasons for the encryption warning appearance. Unless the same VM is backed up by some other backup job that has encryption enabled, you should not get those.
Marten_med_e
Enthusiast

Post by Marten_med_e »

foggy wrote:Mårten, glad you've been able to move forward with this. However, I recommend to continue investigating with the engineer the reasons for the encryption warning appearance. Unless the same VM is backed up by some other backup job that has encryption enabled, you should not get those.
Working with that in this thread "http://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-re ... 28750.html

Made some progress there also, maybe, will replicate the steps with one of the other jobs to see if the warning disappears.
As for the copy jobs all copy jobs that was waiting for new restore points that I has had time to recreate is working, still no idé why, the only difference is the starting time.

Cheers