Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
BrianBuchanan
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Brian Buchanan

Map Backup to Backup Copy?

Post by BrianBuchanan »

I have a remote site that's doing a backup job to an on-site repository and pushing a Backup Copy to a central repository.

I'd like to switch the job from the on-site repository to the central repository.

The remote site has limited upload bandwidth and I'd like to avoid a full backup.

After choosing the central repository, I can't map it to the Backup Copy.

is there anyway to switch repositories when the destination only has a Backup Copy?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Map Backup to Backup Copy?

Post by foggy »

Hi Brian, currently you cannot map a primary backup job to backup files produced by a backup copy job. What is the reason for this switch? If you do this, you will not have any local backups for fast operational restores.
BrianBuchanan
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Brian Buchanan

Post by BrianBuchanan »

We want to use the new "Immediate Copy" to Object Storage, but trying to avoid setting up 80 SOBR on top of our 80 Backup Repositories (for each site). Each site only has one hyper-V host with the local repository on the host itself with a Backup Copy through WAN Accelerator to the primary site. This was just an idea to eliminate the 80 repositories and still have immediate copy to object storage.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Do you mean the Capacity Tier's Copy mode, not Backup Copy job Immediate mode? You can create a single SOBR with all the repositories and use Copy mode from there. Your existing backup copy jobs will continue backing up normally to SOBR without the need for any kind of mapping.