Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Klarmann
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Robert Klarmann

Massive problems after Upgrade to V12 with our repository on HPE Apollo

Post by Klarmann »

Case # 05910918
We have a HPE Apollo 4510 with SLES15 SP3 as one of our repositories, After upgrading to Veeam 12 we run into massive problems. After about 4 days, all jobs to that repository are failing. (With V11 we had no problems at all with the Apollo)
After a reboot of the repo, all is fine again (for about three to four days).

We see a huge number of threads ... starting after reboot with about 1400 and after four days up to >48.000 threads - then the Agent on the repo does not accept any more backup and cuts the TCP connections ... backup fails

Does anyone have a similar problem? We are working now with the T2 support on this - they want a coredump for analyse the system ...
Jobs to other repositories or tape are fine. So I guess it is related to the Veeam Backup Agent for Linux on our Apollo
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.
"Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies"
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Massive problems after Upgrade to V12 with our repository on HPE Apollo

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
Agree, that looks bad. I think, that it's unlikely, that it has anything to do with the hardware.

Analyzing the problem by support makes sense (coredumps or whatever is needed) to me. Let's see what they find.

Best regards,
Hannes
mazi
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Matjaz Dobrovoljc

Re: Massive problems after Upgrade to V12 with our repository on HPE Apollo

Post by mazi »

Hello

Had similar problems updating Linux immutable repository on Ubuntu 20.04. The problem was network card driver, upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04 and problem was resolved.

BR
Mazi