Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
malds1
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris

Microsoft Search Server - FAQ= NO | Installer = Yes

Post by malds1 »

Hello,

Trying to install the Search Server to tie up with our veeam enterprise and confused by the following:
1. It says that veeam enterprise ties in with the native features - what would these be?
2. I then try to install Veeam Search Server so I can point Enterprise at it however when installing it says "Microsoft Search Server is not installed on this computer. Please Install Microsoft Search Server before installing integration components."

However the FAQ says it's not required?

I am a little confused, am I missing something?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Microsoft Search Server - FAQ= NO | Installer = Yes

Post by foggy »

Chris, Veeam Backup Search is a Veeam B&R add-on providing integration with MS Search Server and is actually optional, Enterprise Manager can process indexing data by itself. Using MS Search Server allows to improve search performance in cases where you need to search across a significant number of backups, however is not required if their number is relatively small.
malds1
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris

Post by malds1 »

After installing Enterprise manager do I have to install the veeam Search or the MS search server or will it perform the searches / indexing natively?

Furthermore all the addins for veeam such as exchange were installed prior to enterprise being present and the option to integrate were skipped, do we have to re-add these modules?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

malds1 wrote:After installing Enterprise manager do I have to install the veeam Search or the MS search server or will it perform the searches / indexing natively?
You do not have to install them.
malds1 wrote:Furthermore all the addins for veeam such as exchange were installed prior to enterprise being present and the option to integrate were skipped, do we have to re-add these modules?
I suppose you can reinstall the wizards and point them to Enterprise Manager.