Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
xudaiqing
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: xudaiqing

Migrate a refs block cloned repository using sector-by-sector clone of refs volume?

Post by xudaiqing »

I have a exist repository using refs block clone on a refs volume using storagespace. I want to offload all of the backups to a iscsi disk and I don't have enough space for all the files without block clone. The backup will just leave there for GFS purpose and no new backup will write to there.

I have searched around but can't find anything about if move the volume using sector-by-sector clone will work or not. Does anyone had experience?

I think my other solution will be move it part by part and using refs dedupe in between. The server runs server 2019. But i assume it will be a time consuming process.

Gostev
SVP, Product Management
Liked: 5289 times

Re: Migrate a refs block cloned repository using sector-by-sector clone of refs volume?

Post by Gostev »

What about doing image-level backup and restore of said volume?

xudaiqing
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: xudaiqing

Re: Migrate a refs block cloned repository using sector-by-sector clone of refs volume?

Post by xudaiqing »

Never thought of that. The volume is 15TB in size, will this work using Veeam Agent?

Gostev
SVP, Product Management
Liked: 5289 times

Post by Gostev »

Sure. Veeam Agent by itself can do up to 64TB volumes (Microsoft VSS limitation), and volumes bigger than that require the usage of storage snapshot integration.