- Posts: 2
- Liked: never
- Joined: Nov 08, 2009 10:45 pm
- Full Name: Chris Manchen
A. Reinstall Veeam and specify the name of the database to create (and then restore all the SQL Express data into this database)
B. Restore the SQL Express database on the SQL 2005 server, change the name and then tell Veeam to connect to this new database.
Is this a limitation of the product? Does the database really need to be named VeeamBackup to function?
Thanks in advance.
- Product Manager
- Posts: 25018
- Liked: 2127 times
- Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
- Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
You cannot change the DB name at the setup as it is hardcoded, however you may try to do the following to fit your naming convention:
1. Backup then restore your old DB to a production SQL 2005
2. Setup the product pointing to that DB
3. Change DB name using Management Studio
4. Change registry values (Sqldatabasename) on the backup console to the one you've created in step 3
5. Restart Veeam service
That should work!
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 28 guests