Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: qq

Mlocate

Post by 20100 »

Hi

I believe Linux VM need the Mlocate package in order to be able to restore files from a backup.
It happens that we have some old RHEL 3 VM that we cannot upgrade/replace yet and we cannot find this package. Yum is no longer available for it

Would someone have the RPM for us?
Perhaps mlocate was not even available in those time!

If we cannot track it, is there another way to restore individual files from a RHEL3 VM other than restoring the whole VM and then copying the files/directories from the restored VM to the live VM?

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6693 times

Re: Mlocate

Post by Gostev »

20100 wrote:If we cannot track it, is there another way to restore individual files from a RHEL3 VM other than restoring the whole VM and then copying the files/directories from the restored VM to the live VM?
Sure, just use Multi-OS FLR wizard. This is something we have had in the product since v3.
Mlocate is only required for 1-Click FLR in web UI (which needs guest file system index).
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: qq

Post by 20100 »

Thanks Gostev

I will find out more and check out the Multi-OS FLR wizard. There are so many options/tools in Veeam, it is really great!

When I add a RHEL3 VM in the backup, and test the credentials, it still complains that it cannot check the Linux credentials, even when I edited the exceptions for that VM and selected no indexes.
Hopefully, the backup will be OK tonigh!
alanbolte
Veteran
Liked: 174 times
Full Name: Alan Bolte

Post by alanbolte »

20100 wrote:When I add a RHEL3 VM in the backup, and test the credentials, it still complains that it cannot check the Linux credentials, even when I edited the exceptions for that VM and selected no indexes.
The credentials test ignoring the indexing setting is a known issue in the current version. You can safely ignore the mlocate warning if you have indexing disabled.