Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
matt4475
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: MattK

Monthly backup to new NAS repository

Post by matt4475 »

Hello,

We've introduced a third NAS to run a manual backup. The monthly backup on NAS will be taken offsite for 30 days until a new backup is performed. How is the best way to create a job to accomplish this? Would creating a backup, or backup copy be best? I'd like to keep the job running manually.

Thank you,

Matt
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Monthly backup to new NAS repository

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Matt,

If you need to sync two repositories periodically you can use backup copy job mirror mode: it will copy all existing backup chains from one repo to another. If you to offload a single full backup on a monthly basis - I'd recommend to stick with additional primary backup job. Thanks!
matt4475
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: MattK

Post by matt4475 »

Thanks for the reply Dima. So it's best to setup a new primary backup job set to not run automatically and then run that once a month to the offsite (take home) repository?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

You can schedule this job to run monthly or run it manually, whatever you prefer. Considering it is NAS, a second primary backup job would be optimal performance-wise. But I still recommend having a gateway server offsite to avoid uncompressed traffic.