Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran
Liked: 58 times

Monthly Backups Question

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

I have created a daily backup to a location but I also want to do a monthly backup copy to a different location. Under "Storage" I can select "Configure Secondary Destinations For This Job". This then gives me the option of linking a backup copy task to a secondary location. This is fine, I have created a Backup Copy job.

My question is, can I disable the Backup Copy job and have it still run from the Backup job that I have linked?

Secondly, does this mean it will only run monthly? (see screenshot)

When I hit Finish it then says <continuous> under NEXT RUN, which makes me a little concerned that it will run constantly, which is not what I want to see. I expect it to say "1st July 2016" or something that indicates that it understands it will only run on a given day at a given time each month.
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran

Re: Monthly Backups Question

AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran

Is there a way to set it so that it will run on the 1st of the month?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Backup copy job is continuous in the sense that it starts its next copy interval right after finishing the previous one. However it creates just a single restore point within each interval. If you disable the backup copy job, it will not run, no matter it is specified as a secondary destination for the backup job. I recommend reviewing the corresponding user guide section to get a better idea of how it works and then ask additional questions, if required. Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

AlexLeadingEdge wrote:Is there a way to set it so that it will run on the 1st of the month?
You can set it to create a GFS restore point once the full backup reaches 1st day of the month.