Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Nouman
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Nouman Chaudhary

Muttiple Replication Job

Post by Nouman »

Hi,

Is it possible or Is it ok to have two replication jobs of of VM's where one job will run over night with System Drive C and Data drive D and second replication job of same VM during the day to take copies of Data drice D only?
As you know C drive doesn't change often so to reduce the replication time and have more updated replica (off site) for its data drive I only want only Data drive to be replicated during the day on seprate Job which I know I can setup but the question is:

1) How will failback/failover process proceed in case you need it- where over night replica is full VM relpica and daytime replica is more update with data?
2) In situation of complete desatser of production site again I will have two 2x replica's one full last night and one with updated data drive?

In both the above stuation assupmtion is replica is required in afternoon where day replica had more update data the over night full relpca. I want both better RTO and RPO.

Much appriciated!

Nouman
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Muttiple Replication Job

Post by Gostev »

Hi,

But if C drive does not change, then excluding it from replication will not change anything?
Anyway, each replication job has to run to its own replica, so you will just have two separate VMs on target.

Thanks!
Nouman
Novice

Post by Nouman »

C drive does not change often but it does when you do security updates etc so removing it completey wont be an option I suppoose.

What I'm getting at is to replicate my VM's more often to have more updates replica's and if I need to stwitch to them in case of DR more recent data should be there. But what can I see in my replication job is it's taking 15-min 30min extra for C drive each server (which could be coz some log files/temp files generated by application) and that stops me from increasing replication frequency between sites.

So is there a smart way where you can replicate data drives more often the C drive of the servers? Other wise you left with over night replication option and the data will be one older when DR is required.

Cheers!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Nouman wrote:So is there a smart way where you can replicate data drives more often the C drive of the servers?
As Anton has said above the only way to do that is to create two separate replication jobs.
Nouman
Novice

Post by Nouman »

So that means product doesn't support drive based incremantal?

Can I make suggestion with new release/patch if you could this feature of having system drive replicated over weekend and data drive everyday with incremantal replication during the day and night that will great.

Hope you understand my point it will give user better RPO rather then one day older recovery point in DR situtation at remote site.

Thnaks!