Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

Nat / vpn / ports - last attempt :)

Post by frankive »

Hi,
I really need to find a solution for all our small customers who want their backup offline.
I have tried to install veeam on the clientsite and tried to add my veeam repository in our datacenter.
I have opened port 6165 and port 2500-5000 in the firewall in our datacenter and on the clients tiny firewalls.. This is SMB with just a few vm's..
Still I can't get to add the repository.. are there even more ports I should add? I have read the documentation, but I think there should be some pinpoints which ports we need in a scenario, not just all the ports that we ever can use in Veeam.

So.. my scenario is that I want to run veeam locally on our client site. Then I want to use backup copy job to upload the files to our datacenter. All is running Veeam 7 enterprise plus with wan accelearator.
Even if i can telnet my datacenter 6165 I still can't add the repository from Internet.

Could anyone give me a how-to in my scenaio so I can start to get the backups online and secure our customers and earn some money for both our company and Veeam? :)
chrisdearden
Veteran
Liked: 226 times
Full Name: Chris Dearden

Re: Nat / vpn / ports - last attempt :)

Post by chrisdearden »

I'm sure its possible, though I have not personally got wan accell working without a VPN. You need to check the box "run server on this side" in the ports section when you add the remote repository. Easiest way is with a Linux repository as you don't actually install any persistent repository agent,just runtime code over SSH.