Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

No restore points found

Post by ejenner »

I'm sure this will have come up before at some stage.

I've got a copy job which won't move past the status of: "No restore points found"

I've actually deleted the copy job and removed the folder from the repository. Set up a new job and it continues to end immediately with the same status.

Which leads me to believe this must be some issue with the original job it is trying to copy from. I'm just not sure where to start as I know the original backup job is creating restore points as normal.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: No restore points found

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi EJ,
please check what is set under Backup Copy Job settings -> Objects tab.
/Thanks!
ejenner
Veteran

Post by ejenner »

It shows the main job it is supposed to be copying.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Make sure the copy interval configured for the copy job covers the period when the latest restore point was created by the original backup job.
ejenner
Veteran

Post by ejenner »

Does it work on a 24 hour cycle possibly? I can see the copy is scheduled to start at 1800 but the job it is copying starts at 1930 - would that cause a problem? i.e. the copy job is set to start the cycle before the backup job runs.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

If copy interval is set to 1 day(default) and there was no backups within last 24 hours, than it's expected behaviour.
Give it a chance to finish primary job today!
/Cheers!
ejenner
Veteran

Post by ejenner »

yes, it's set to every 1 day at 1800. I guess that's the answer then. I do vaguely remember changing the time of that job. So this must be what's happening.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Or add this registry key to achieve the desired behaviour. Thanks!
ejenner
Veteran

Post by ejenner »

At the moment I've used the schedule window to block it off until after the regular backup has completed. But I can see in the status window that it's already reporting 'no restore points found'. So I'll check it on Monday and see how things went over the weekend.
al2020s
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Alex Suslik

Post by al2020s »

Hello, I have and issue with "no restore points found" for some servers in a copy backup job.
Source job is working just fine and does incremental backup on weekdays and "full" backup during weekend.
The copy backup job set to interval 24 hours with blockage during the working hours.
I already once deleted/recreated copy job: it changed what servers' backups are being copied successfully but did not solve the issue for all servers.
I spent already one week with Veeam support team, they got all the information but are doing just guessing game: "try this try that". I was expecting from them more than that.
Per recommendation about I reset times to start source job at 8 and copy at 8:05. That did not solve the issue. Any ideas?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Alex, when you check the source job, it has the new restore points for those servers created within the interval, but the copy job doesn't copy them, right? Does this happen from the very initial copy job run? Are the affected servers always the same or change between the job runs? You can ask for the case escalation if our first-tier engineers ran out of suggestions.