Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jromalino
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: John Romalino

Not All Proxies Are Being Used

Post by jromalino »

Case # 03506032. Running Veeam B&R 9.5 Update 4a on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter. Having a problem with all backup jobs only using the first proxy in the list. I have 3 proxies and all are selected in each job. Support had me remove the Veeam server from the proxy list leaving 2 proxies for the job (37 VM's). The jobs now only use the next proxy in the list. Will not use any more than 1 proxy and it's always the first one listed. What could be causing this issue?
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Not All Proxies Are Being Used

Post by nielsengelen »

If you have the jobs set to automatic mode, it could be the first proxy is never overloaded and therefor there is no need for the second one. As you speak about 37VMs, it depends a little on their size and the proxy sizing. I wouldn’t be surprised if one proxy would be enough.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
jromalino
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: John Romalino

Post by jromalino »

I took one of the jobs and set the backup proxy selection to "Automatic Selection". It was originally set to "Use Selected Backup Proxy Servers Only" with all 3 proxies selected. After changing the selection to Automatic, it is now using multiple backup proxies for the job. Could this be a bug in Update 4a?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi John, this shouldn't be the case. If these are the same proxies, they all should be available in both configurations. I recommend asking support to review your setup a bit more closely.