Oib already exists in point 'id=...'

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Re: Oib already exists in point 'id=...'

Veeam Logoby jlehman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Thanks I have- just supprised that it was not made readily available as this has been the most discussed issue with V6
jlehman
Novice

Liked: never

Veeam Logoby jlehman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi.
I did download the fix from the link sent by support and it did fix the problem in that job which is terrific!
Installed it on 6 other backup servers without any side issues as the jobs all ran flawlessly.
Veeam should proactively contact everyone that has submitted a support case and provide the link to the fix.
It will make their day!
jlehman
Novice

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:12 pm

Well, considering there are 3 different issues that may cause similar oib errors, this is not as simple. Our support does need to investigate logs to see which one is it.
Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2433 times

Veeam Logoby mleland » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:32 pm

I just ran into this " OIB already exists" issue while evaluating V6.

I know the cause in my case, as the log from the first attempt to run this job showed a failed attempt to lookup my vSphere Server's ip address.

For some reason that left the VM with data in the backup set yet I kept getting the "OIB" error.

As this is just an evaluation I did end up deleting the backup data for this one VM and a re-run of the job was successful.

A good question for the QA\ENG guys would be why this simple error caused a failed backup? I mean it doesn't look it ever tried to lookup the VS Server address again. It seems there was a maint window on one of the internal DNS servers and the other one was not configured correctly that caused the DNS lookup issue. These issues have been addressed already.

I just wanted to add my experience with this error to the list of possible causes.
mleland
Lurker

Full Name: Mike Leland

Veeam Logoby AlexLeadingEdge » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:07 pm

Just had the same issue, two Hyper-V Hosts both having the same issue. They both use Veeam Agent 2.0 to backup to a backup server across a network. Stopping the backup attempts and rebooting the backup server seems to have fix this issue for both.

I had this same issue a few months back and I found deleting the backup set also fixes the issue but then we lose the backup history so I had hoped to avoid it this time around.
AlexLeadingEdge
Expert

Liked: 21 times

Veeam Logoby AlexLeadingEdge » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:53 am

Seems to only happen with one USB drive, even after a full format. I have replaced the USB drive and seems to be working fine now. Hardware issue perhaps?
AlexLeadingEdge
Expert

Liked: 21 times

Previous

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication