Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
sixarm
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: David Roberts

Oracle Restore Wizard crashes

Post by sixarm »

Hi there,

I'm protecting a physical server using the Veeam Agent for Windows with Application-Aware processing to protect Oracle databases on the physical server. I'm using B&R Update 3 and the latest Agent for Windows version deployed to the physical from the B&R Console and using a B&R repository as the backup target.

What I'm trying to do is restore an Oracle database from Veeam B&R to another physical server that isn't protect via Veeam at all. Here's the process I'm following:

1) - In B&R go to Backups -> Disk, select the physical server, right-click, select "Restore application items -> Oracle databases"
2) - Select the relevant restore point, which opens the Veeam Explorer for Oracle.
3) - Select the required database and then click Restore Database -> Restore to another server.
4) - Select restore to the point in time of the selected image-level backup. Click Next.
5) - When specifying the target server, change the server name to the appropriate physical server and add in the relevant credentials. Click next. It passes validation and moves to the next stage.
6) - Specify Oracle settings: I select Restore to original location and click next. At this point the wizard hangs.

Can anyone assist at all? If further details are required I will happily supply the required information.

Is what I'm attempting supported?

Many thanks,

David.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Oracle Restore Wizard crashes

Post by foggy »

Hi David, seems you're doing everything right, please contact technical support for a closer look, logs review is required. Thanks.
ihocesmoral
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by ihocesmoral »

Hi sixarm.

We have the same problem. Did you find any solution?????

Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

OP didn't provide the case ID for tracking, so I recommend contacting support directly and open your own case for investigation. Thanks.