Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JohnnyCache
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Thomas S.

Oracle RMAN plugin: Unable to match database [foobar] with oracle SIDs --tr:Unable to get oracle sid

Post by JohnnyCache »

Is it possible to backup a Oracle database with RMAN plugin when beqeath protocol is disabled?
When trying to backup a db we get the above-noted error. My DB admin told me, that they turned off /etc/oratab and beqeath protocol for security reasons, which causes according the error according to his opinion.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Oracle RMAN plugin: Unable to match database [foobar] with oracle SIDs --tr:Unable to get oracle sid

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

Do you perform backup from standalone server or from RAC?

Thanks!
JohnnyCache
Novice

Re: Oracle RMAN plugin: Unable to match database [foobar] with oracle SIDs --tr:Unable to get oracle sid

Post by JohnnyCache »

it's standalone
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Currently, the disabled beqeath protocol is not supported but probably we would consider this idea for our future versions if we had enough requests. As a workaround, you may try image-level backup approach.

By the way, I've just double checked that Oracle RMAN Plug-In requires /etc/oratab access for both RAC and standalone deployments.

Thanks!
JohnnyCache
Novice

Post by JohnnyCache » 1 person likes this post

Thank you for your reply :) .
Of course I would be lucky to see the ability to backup oracle DBs with disabled bequeath protocol and /etc/oratab in future versions. Both were turned off intenionally by our DB admins. Nevertheless i will give image-level backup a try in the meantime.