Oracle VM support

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Oracle VM support

Veeam Logoby tdavis » Fri May 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi Gostov,

I work for Oracle VM team and would like to have some discussions around Veeam support of Oracle VM. We have some customers using your solution and would like to understand better Veeam. Can you contact me offline to discuss this? I believe there are some great opportunities wrt to Oracle VM customers using Veeam.
Thanks.
Ted
tdavis
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Ted Davis

Re: Oracle VM support

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Fri May 25, 2012 11:59 pm

Hi Ted, sounds good I will. Thanks!
Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2269 times
Full Name: Anton Gostev

Veeam Logoby fatcakes » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:25 am

Ted and Gostev, I work for a company who use OVS in house and are pushing it to our clients. Can you give any updates or expectaions on if\when Veeam will work with OVS and OVM? Having used Veeam previously in VMWare environments I'm keen to deploy it as part of an end to end solution for ourselves and clients.

Cheers
Chris
fatcakes
Lurker

Full Name: Chris Buckley

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi Chris, we are not planning on adding support for any other hypervisor in foreseeable future. Thanks!
Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2269 times
Full Name: Anton Gostev

[MERGED] OVM hypervisor support

Veeam Logoby ashleyw » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 am

Hi, we have a number of Oracle workloads that are not possible to cost effectively host under Vmware due to partitioning rules around Oracle licensing. Oracle won't budge on licensing so we are forced to run Oracle workloads under OVM as Redhat/Centos OVM VMs with partitioning of cpu cores to match Oracle licensing.
Long term we are trying to pusuade all our partners to develop software in a database agnostic fashion, but we are stuck with OVM and Oracle DB and Oracle middleware for the long haul unfortunately.

As Veeam have done a great job of integrating Hyperv into the B&R product, have they considered adding OVM into the mix?

This could have favourable significant DR licensing impacts as well as consolidating the product stacks at a backup layer.

Come on Veeam - we know you want to!
ashleyw
Service Provider

Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Ashley Watson

Re: OVM hypervisor support

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:22 am

Hello Ashley,
Thank you for this post, and your feedback!

As far as I can see there were several requests on the OVM (as well as for other hypervisors) and it is considered to be interesting request, so its definitely under the scope of the Veeam R&D team. Unfortunately it would not be included to B&R next major release however it might be included in the future. How soon? ETA is only based on the customer’s request like yours today, so thank you for this input again!
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 407 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby RJI » Tue May 05, 2015 6:24 pm

If it helps I'll add my vote for this as it would really help a proposal we are currently working on. With Oracle's licensing schemes and increasing core count in CPUs it would seem this would become more prevalent.
RJI
Service Provider

Full Name: Richard Ihmels

Veeam Logoby Marcio Thiel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi we alsoare going to Use OVM, because Oracle Licensing.
We already use Veeam for VMWARE.
Here is my vote.
hope it will come soon

best regards.
Marcio Thiel
Lurker

Full Name: Marcio Thiel

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication