Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ccitrano
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Chuck Citrano

Pending Backup Copies - How to Trigger

Post by ccitrano »

Hello,

I'm using V7 and have started to test with backup copies. I created backup copy jobs to mimic my daily jobs and that seems to be working fine. As soon as I created the job, it went about it's business creating the first full backup copy and has been keeping up since.

I have two weekly jobs that just ran this weekend. Today I created backup copy jobs for them and they seem to be sitting in the 'waiting for new restore points' status even though I did a 'sync now'.

Am I missing something??

Chuck.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Pending Backup Copies - How to Trigger

Post by foggy »

Chuck, is there a probability that the latest restore point for the backup job had been created earlier than the backup copy job interval ("Copy every" setting) was started?
ccitrano
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Chuck Citrano

Post by ccitrano »

Foggy,

That is the case. The weekly backup jobs run at 2am Saturday.

I created the backup copy job this morning using "Copy Every 1 day". I didn't see any harm in selecting 1 day because the job seems to be pending waiting for a new restore point.

Did I configure wrong?

Cheers.
Chuck.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

"Copy every 1 day" means that the backup copy job will look up for the available restore point created within 2 days interval (1 day back and 1 day forth from the time it is started). Since you do not have any restore points created within this interval, it will wait for the next restore point, which will hit the corresponding interval during next weekend. I suggest reviewing the backup copy job description given in the user guide, since it is much more explanatory than I am. ;)