Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
massimiliano.rizzi
Service Provider
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Massimiliano Rizzi

Perform backup from Dell EMC VNXe1600 storage snapshots

Post by massimiliano.rizzi »

Hello experts and good day,

I have been asked to validate the hardware infrastructure described below for use with a new small VMware vSphere 6.5 deployment, described below:

==================================================
- 1x Dell EMC VNXe1600 Dual SP enclosure with Fibre Channel front-end ports
- 3x Cisco UCS C220 M4 SFF Rack Server hosts each running VMware vSphere 6.5. Each host will be equipped with 1x Emulex LPe16002 Dual-Port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBAs
- 1x Cisco UCS C240 M4 LFF Rack Server running Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition. This server will also be equipped with 1x Emulex LPe16002 Dual-Port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA. We will use this server as a physical Windows host in order to perform backup and restore from Dell EMC VNXe storage snapshots using Veeam Backup & Replication

Can someone please already using a Dell EMC VNXe1600 confirm we can do storage snapshots using the VNXe1600 Base Software Package ? I just went through the VNXe1600 Spec Sheet and, based on my understanding, we should be able to do storage snapshots using the VNXe1600 Base Software Package:

Is there anything I need to be aware of if I plan to perform backup and restore from Dell EMC VNXe1600 storage snapshots ?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Massimiliano
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Perform backup from Dell EMC VNXe1600 storage snapshots

Post by foggy »

massimiliano.rizzi wrote:Can someone please already using a Dell EMC VNXe1600 confirm we can do storage snapshots using the VNXe1600 Base Software Package ? I just went through the VNXe1600 Spec Sheet and, based on my understanding, we should be able to do storage snapshots using the VNXe1600 Base Software Package:
Hi Massimiliano, it's not a question of the storage model but more of the OS version. It should be Dell EMC VNXe Gen 2 OS (3.x.x) for Veeam B&R to support it. Thanks.