Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ChrisVH1982
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Christian van Haut

Periodic active full backups

Post by ChrisVH1982 »

Hello,

I have set up new backup jobs in Veeam for our fileservers. We are using "Reversed incremental" backups usually but for the fileservers I also would like to perform an active full backup once a week for these servers. The job is scheduled to run from Monday till Friday using reversed incremental backup mode but in addition to that I havc checked the box "Perform active full backups periodically" and set Monday as a day for a full backup.

I expect the Reversed incremental backup to be replaced by an active full backup automatically. But instead, the reversed incremental backup is running.

Would it be possible that periodic active full backups won't work in conjunction with reversed incremental? I so, I am wondering why this option is not grayed out.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Periodic active full backups

Post by Gostev »

Hi, this works perfectly, and is arguably one of the most common job configurations! Please, have our support investigate your job setup. Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Periodic active full backups

Post by veremin »

Also, be aware that weekly Full in case of reversed incremental mode is definitely an overkill; performing Full once every 1-3 months is more than enough.
I expect the Reversed incremental backup to be replaced by an active full backup automatically. But instead, the reversed incremental backup is running.
So, instead of two .vbk files, you currently have only one ("the latest"), right? Just making sure.

Thanks.