Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
eduhernandezm
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: *

Poblem with Backup Copy using Veeam Cloud -

Post by eduhernandezm »

Hi to everyone

I am a Veeam Cloud service provider. In my architecture, the server where copies of the Cloud service are made is a Linux server. The copies are of virtual machines of different clients that we have. For a couple of days, the report of the copies of each of the clients gives us the following error:

Error: Failed to start a repository agent

And we see that the copies have not been made correctly.

Attached screenshot of how it is now.

We rule out that it is connection problems between the client and our infrastructure. In addition, the most curious thing is that for some clients if the copies have been made correctly in the cloud and for others not.

Any idea where the problems can go?

Many thanks in advance.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2887 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Poblem with Backup Copy using Veeam Cloud -

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
it sounds like a network issue. Did you check network connectivity? (ping, direct connection to port with telnet?)

I cannot see the screenshot. In general you should contact support for such issues.

Best regards,
Hannes
eduhernandezm
Service Provider

Post by eduhernandezm »

Thank you very much for the reply.

That was the first thing I tested:
- Ping the two gateways that we have configured in the Veeam Cloud from the client server.
- Telnet to the two gateways to port 6180 from the client server.

Both tests give ok, but when making a Backup Copy again, we continue to give that error message "Error: Failed to start a repository agent" on the client side.

In our Linux Repository server, en /var/log/VeeamBackup/CloudConnectService_backupcopy_clientxxxx, We do not see any log of today where we can see something more in detail the error. I only see logs from the previous days where if the backup copy was successful.

Thanks in advanced.
eduhernandezm
Service Provider

Post by eduhernandezm »

Problem solved.

There is no better fix for these things than trying to restart my cloud linux repository. Once the server has restarted, the clients have already started to connect and make the pending copies and I have seen that there is already a log inside / var / log / VeeamBackup where the current log is shown.

Greetings and I hope it has been definitively resolved.