Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Anguel
Expert
Liked: 18 times

Problem buying addional support

Post by Anguel »

Hi!

At the end of last year I ordered 4 years additional support for VBR Essentials online at a Veeam partner here in Germany. The product number is V-ESSSTD-VS-P04YP-00.
Unfortunately, the Veeam partner that sells the product told me that this product cannot be applied to my license, because I would need to buy 1 year (some kind of extra product) + these 4 years for some reason.
Is this true? The additional problem is that the partner would have to completely cancel the order and cannot offer the old price anymore which is really annoying.

Thanks in advance,

Anguel
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2887 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Problem buying addional support

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
please understand that the forum cannot give advice on licensing. Please use the "contact sales" on www.veeam.com

In general, you can renew support as long as you have a valid support contract. If you (for whatever reason) have a product right now, which is not under maintenance, then we add a "reinstatement-fee". But his is not 1 year, that's only for the mount of time which is really "missing".

Best regards,
Hannes
Anguel
Expert

Post by Anguel »

Thanks Hannes, the problem is that Veeam Sales Germany could not answer the question up to now. The Veeam partner told me that I would have to pay for 1 year renewal first (although my license is current) and then add those 4 years additional support on top. Unfortunately, I would have to cancel the whole order and place a new one but the price has increased now. I hope to get some reply from Veeam sales but it seems to be very hard to get someone on the phone who really knows about the details...
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2887 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

thanks for the feedback. I'll contact sales team and will ask them to contact you.
Anguel
Expert

Post by Anguel »

Just some feedback: As expected, the problem was that I was able to buy a product that can only be bought together with another product. Another problem was that this order had to be canceled completely and the price had increased in 2020 as expected. After talking to Veeam sales I received a lower price which unfortunately did not match the old price but was at least something. However, I think that the problem of being able to buy a product separately that requires another product should be removed. Feel free to report this to your sales managers.