Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
nurbi76
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: never
Full Name: nick

Problem Cancelling Restore Job

Post by nurbi76 »

Hi all,
today I was trying to make a guest file level restore on windows job; I started the restore session, choose vm, choose backup, start restore; after a while for the explore windows, I decided to stop session. Now, after an hour job is still in cancelling; I tryed to restart veeam, restart services but is alway still in running. I looked in C:\VeeamFLR and I found the folder of the VM; when I tryed to browse between volumes folder, I can't get accesses because Backup VM is no more mounted. So, why job is still cancelling? Is there maybe some sql query to run to correct situation?
Thank you all, bye

nick
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2717 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Problem Cancelling Restore Job

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Nick,

Could you please tell me if you see any Veeam agents running on the machine where you've tried to perform FLR operation? If you do see them, try to end all process, should help. Also to get quicker assistance, I would recommend to contact our our support team and let them to assist you with this issue.

Thanks!
nurbi76
Veeam ProPartner
Full Name: nick

Post by nurbi76 »

there is no agent running. I tryed to reboot also veeam backup server, that is the machine where I launched File level restore. I will try to contact support if anyone have some ideas.
Thanks
ldeeder
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Larry Deeder

Post by ldeeder »

I am having this exact same issue. Did you get a resolution? I am running version 6.1.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Post by Gostev »

I cannot look it up since OP left no support case ID. Hope he comes back shortly to update!
ldeeder
Influencer

Post by ldeeder »

Ben at Support gave me this:

1. Open up SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the VEEAM instance.
2. Expand “Databases”.
3. Right-click “VeeamBackup”>New query.
4. Paste the query below into the query window and hit either “execute” or F5.

The SQL Query:

Code: Select all

UPDATE [ReportRestoreSessionsAndTaskSessionsView]
SET “state” = -1
WHERE “initiator_name” not like ‘null’
Although FLR is crashing my server.
ldeeder
Influencer

Post by ldeeder » 2 people like this post

Correction. FLR is not crashing my server. It was a driver issue that a BSOD log was including FLR in the report. All is good.
Yuki
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 26 times

[MERGED] Is it possible to cancel or stop restore wizard?

Post by Yuki »

We need to recover a particular file and i need to find it in backups by path+name+size. I've tried to just do FLR for Windows, but Veeam is trying to represent the entire mutli-terrabyte file system, which is taking really long time. Interface just sits at "Please wait".

While it is doing it, i've went to C:\VeeamFLR\xxx and verified that the file is present, but not the one we need to restore

How can i stop it from doing further indexing/restore prep or find the mile more efficiently. We are using Veeam Std not Enterprise (which is the one with the search capability i believe).

Also - does it even make sense to index files if we don't have Enterprise version?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: [MERGED] Is it possible to cancel or stop restore wizard

Post by foggy »

Yuki wrote:Also - does it even make sense to index files if we don't have Enterprise version?
Yes, as with Standard Edition this allows you to search in files that are currently on disk (while Enterprise version also allows search in archived backups).
vanderfield
Novice
Full Name: John Vandersee

[MERGED] I can't cancel a restoration job

Post by vanderfield »

Hello,
I have inadvertently started a file level restoration from a backup job. It had only been running for a short time (maybe 20 minutes into what was expected to be a 12 or more hour restoration) before I realised my mistake. I clicked on cancel and it has been saying "cancelling" for nearly 4 hours. Is there a safe way to stop this process? I don't want to risk damaging the backup files I was restoring from.
Thanks
John
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

John, don't worry about backup files, they are not modified in any way during restore. Please review the thread above for some tips on resolving the issue. Thanks.