Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Didi7
Veteran
Liked: 59 times

Programs and Features shows old version ...

Post by Didi7 »

Hello everybody,

I noticed that the version shown in Programs and Features under Windows Server 2012R2 shows 8.0.0.817 and 9.0.0.902 for the entry 'Veeam Backup & Replication' instead of the latest version number installed for all other Veeam entries, which show 8.0.0.2084 and 9.0.0.1491 respectively.

Is this intended from Veeam?

Regards,
Didi7
Using the most recent Veeam B&R in many different environments now and counting!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Programs and Features shows old version ...

Post by veremin »

This is expected behaviour, as currently the build number doesn't get incremented in Programs and Features snap-in when installing our updates. Thanks.
Didi7
Veteran
Liked: 59 times

Post by Didi7 »

Thanks.
Using the most recent Veeam B&R in many different environments now and counting!
neingesicht
Novice
Liked: never

Post by neingesicht »

Does this also apply to Enterprise Manager? The licensing is showing the correct version, but the backup server still shows the old version number, as does the plugin.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

The plug-in version is not incremented, as this update doesn't update the plug-in for vCenter Server. As for the backup server version, if you updated it, then the newer build should be displayed. I will send this info to our QC team for vitrifaction.
neingesicht
Novice

[MERGED] Enterprise Manager Showing Old Version After Upgra

Post by neingesicht »

Good afternoon,

After upgrading Veeam Enterprise Backup & Replication, Veeam Enterprise Manager is still showing version 9.0.0.902 under backup servers. I've tried refreshing everything, but I haven't rebooted the server that it is on yet. Is this supposed to show the old version number? And is the plugin for VCenter supposed to change versions as well? Not sure if this counts as something that should go through support or not. If it is, I apologize. It isn't actually affecting production, so I thought I'd post it here.

Thanks!
neingesicht
Novice

Post by neingesicht »

I apologize, I didn't see the response written before. I will take a look. Didn't mean to double post.
JamesieA
Influencer
Full Name: james Allcock

[MERGED] Incorrect Version of B&R

Post by JamesieA »

We've recently been audited and one issue raised was that we're running an older version of Veeam B&R. We haven't yet moved to version 10 but applied the latest patch to 9.5 in August last year.

Under Programs & features in Control Panel, all of our Veeam components show an install date of August 2019 with the version being 9.5.4.2866. Veeam Backup & Replication shows the same date, but a version of 9.5.4.2615. Running the console, then going to Help, About shows the later version.

Is anyone able to confirm whether we're running the latest update to 9.5 or if something may have gone wrong in our patching?
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Post by Natalia Lupacheva » 1 person likes this post

Hi James,

I've moved your post to the existing topic.
It's a known UI glitch and currently, the build number might not be updated in Programs & Features after update installation. You should check your current version with Console.

Thanks!